In times of crisis Waze adds temporary shelter pins on the Live Map so users can find help (see example below).
To submit shelter information, open the Waze for Cities Portal > Give Waze Data > Add dataset > Select "Crisis Centers".
If the same shelters are consistent in your area, you can prepare this information in advance before a crisis event happens.
Please submit the following information:
- Address: Street name and building number of the crisis shelter - 15 character limit.
- Abbreviate where possible to be at/under character limit.
- This is not how we locate the pin, so don’t worry abbreviation is not exact.
- City, State: City and state that the shelter is located - 15 character limit.
- Additional info: Name of the venue or access (entrance) information - 30 character limit.
- Long description: Any additional info about shelter services - 55 character limit.
- Phone number: Phone number of shelter.
- [optional]: Link to shelter/organization in charge of shelters (eg: Red Cross).
- Latitude/Longitude: Coordinates of the shelter. These can be found on Google maps.