How Waze evaluates a crisis
Each crisis submission we receive is evaluated using the following benchmarks to help us understand the scale of the event.
- Number of Waze users in the affected area
- Planned/existing evacuation routes and Crisis centers
- Global media coverage of the event
- Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (GDACS) lists event in Yellow or Red
- Event is listed on Google Public Alerts
- Weather events must fall far outside normal weather behavior or severity
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?