A crisis event is an event that has had, or is expected to have, significant negative impact on a local area.
Waze provides partners with a number of tools to help you reach as many users as possible during a crisis, such as:
- Incident and road closure feed
- iFrame to embed our Live Map on your site (including crisis centers)
- Place emergency shelter/crisis center pins on the map (users can interact with pins: navigate, call, go to website, and search online)
- Update gas station status (gas shortage, electricity/no electricity)
- Update unusual traffic
- Make real time changes to the map (provided by the Waze map editor community)
- Support your organization by getting real time data from actual drivers
If you have other ideas or suggestions for how Waze can help reach local communities during a crisis, email firstname.lastname@example.org.