This article is for riders. If you're a driver, read this.
Drivers on your home-to-work route may see your profile and offer a ride. Accept or decline - it’s up to you.
View the ride request
When someone offers a ride, you'll get a notification, or see Someone wants to carpool in the calendar screen.
- Tap it to view details about the offer
- Browse the driver's profile, and view or edit the departure time, pickup & drop-off spots, and price if you want
- If you see a bus icon, your driver will pick you up or drop you off from a transit station. You can complete the journey with public transportation.
- Chat with the driver
Someone asked me for a ride, but it disappeared.
An offer can disappear if the driver cancels it.
Accept or decline
- Accept – You set up a ride! Waze Carpool will notify you when it’s time to leave. Learn more about confirmed rides.
- Not this time – There’s no penalty for declining a ride. The driver will no longer see the option to carpool with you for this ride.