You can log in to your Waze account on the web with:
- Your Waze username and password
- Your Google account
- By scanning a Quick Response (QR) code with the phone you use for Waze or Waze Carpool
I used to log in with Facebook
My Facebook account doesn't have an associated email
Here’s how to recover your Waze account:
- Copy the URL below and paste it in your internet browser (like Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Once inside, connect your Facebook account
- Then, connect with Google – the email associated with the Google account you use will serve as your Waze login credentials from now on
If you're not sure, try the QR code
Don't see a QR code on the login page? Make sure:
- You're using a web browser on a desktop device – not a mobile device
- Click Log in with QR code near the bottom of the Waze login page
- On the phone or tablet that you use for Waze, open the built-in camera app
- Find the QR code on the login page – it looks like a square barcode
- Point the camera at the QR code
- Tap the banner that appears on your phone
- Follow the instructions on your phone to finish logging in
- If you don't have Waze on your phone, you will be prompted to download it. Then, go back to the QR code and scan it again.
- If you don't have a Waze account, or are logged out on your phone, follow the instructions to sign up or log in.
You should now be logged in to Waze on your desktop’s web browser.
Can’t scan the QR code?
You need Android 9 or higher to scan QR codes with your device’s built-in camera.
Learn how to check and update your Android version.
Can’t update Android?
If your device can’t run Android 9 or higher, you can download an app to scan QR codes.
iOS devices like iPhone
You need iOS 13 or higher to scan QR codes with your device’s built-in camera.
Learn how to update your iOS version.
Can’t update iOS?
If your device can’t run iOS 13 or higher, you can download an app to scan QR codes. Search "QR code scanner" in the App Store.
Turn on QR scanner settings
Turn up your brightness
Make sure the screen showing the QR code is bright enough for the camera to see the code.
Clean your camera lens
A smudged camera lens can interfere with scanning a QR code. Try cleaning it with a lens wipe or a soft, clean cloth.
Keep your phone upright
If your phone is tilted, the camera may have trouble scanning the QR code.
Find the right distance
If the camera on your phone is too close or too far from the QR code, the camera might not be able to scan it.
- Bring your camera close to the QR code. Then, slowly move the camera back from the QR code.
- Hold your camera about a foot away from the QR code. Then, slowly move the camera closer to the QR code.
Tip: Keep the QR code in the camera’s viewfinder while you try different distances.
Still can't log in?
Check out I need help logging in to my Waze account.