Use Waze directly on your in-car display with Apple CarPlay.
Connect your iOS device
To use your iOS device as an extension of your CarPlay display and view relevant information while you navigate:
- Connect your iOS device to your car with a USB cable or wireless connection – learn how
- Tap on the CarPlay display
Note: Waze on CarPlay is a limited version of the mobile app, so some features might not be available.
View more with CarPlay
In CarPlay mode, one half of the screen shows the map, while the other half shows things like:
- Navigation instructions
- Audio controls
If you prefer, you can switch to full-screen view at any time by tapping or on the map itself.
Why am I only seeing Waze on part of the screen?
How do I add a stop on CarPlay?
I don’t see a keyboard when in CarPlay
How do I search with my voice on CarPlay?
Search for an address with your voice by tapping the microphone icon on the top bar.
To search in a different language:
- In Settings, tap Voice & sound
- Under Voice typing, tap Input language
- Select your preferred language from the list