Use Waze directly on your in-car display with Apple CarPlay.
- Connect your iPhone to Apple CarPlay using a USB cable or wireless connection – learn how
- Tap the Waze icon on the CarPlay menu to launch the app
Your iPhone will serve as an extension of your CarPlay display, showing you settings and information as needed.
Note: The Waze app in CarPlay is a limited version of the mobile app, so some features might not be available.
The CarPlay dashboard
For a more detailed view, Waze is displayed in split-screen on the CarPlay dashboard. Your map occupies one half of the screen, while navigation instructions, search, and audio controls make up the other half.
You can go back to the full-screen view at any time by tapping the Waze app icon or on the map itself.
Why am I only seeing Waze on part of the screen?
How do I add a stop on CarPlay?
I don’t see a keyboard when in CarPlay
How do I search with my voice on CarPlay?
Search for an address with your voice by tapping the microphone icon on the top bar.
To search in a different language:
- In Settings, tap Voice & sound
- Under Voice typing, tap Input language
- Select your preferred language from the list