Waze can tell you when to leave for a planned drive based on your location and live traffic.
To turn on "Time to leave" reminders, you'll need to turn on notifications on your phone and in the Waze app.
Step 1: Turn on Waze notifications on your phone
- Open your device's settings
- Tap Apps
- Tap Waze
- Tap Notifications
- Turn on "Show notifications"
Note: Steps may vary by device.
Step 2: Turn on "Time to leave" reminders in Waze
- Open Waze
- Tap Plan a drive
- Tap Settings
- Tap Time to leave reminder
- Select your preferred timing:
- Early and Time to leave: Get a notification an hour and a half before it's time to leave and then another notification 10 minutes before it's time to leave
- Time to leave (10 minutes before): Get a notification 10 minutes before it's time to leave
Note: For Waze to calculate the best time to leave based on your current location, make sure your device's location permission is set to "Allow all the time".
Get "Time to leave" notifications for upcoming calendar events
- Sync your calendar with Waze
- Check that your device's location permission is set to "Allow all the time"
- Make sure your calendar events have a navigable address, including street name, house number, and city:
- Open Waze
- Tap Plan a drive. If you see Set address, tap it to edit the address.