Log in with Smart Lock backup
Smart Lock backup allows you to log into Waze quickly and easily, without needing your username or password. Enabling this setting allows your account to sync across all of your Android devices, providing you with a fast and easy way to log in after you update your Waze version or upgrade your phone.
To start using Smart Lock, follow the steps below:
Tap the Menu .
- Tap Account & login.
- Tap Smart Lock backup settings.
- Check or uncheck to enable or disable this setting.
If you don't see this option in your Waze settings:
- Depending on your OS and phone model, open either your phone Settings or Google Settings. If you opened phone Settings, find Google and tap to open.
- Tap Smart Lock for Passwords.
- Toggle on for Smart Lock for Passwords and ensure that Waze doesn't appear under Never Save. If Waze appears on that list, tap Waze and then Ok.
Note: If you have more than one email account on your device, you should verify that these settings apply to all of your email accounts. To check the settings of another email address, tap the down arrow next to Smart Lock for Passwords at the top of the screen, and select the email address for which you'd like to view and update settings.