Avoid high risk areas
Get alerts if your destination, Favorite or route is in an identified higher crime risk area.
How it works:
- If your destination is in an identified high crime area or your directions route you through a high crime area, you should receive a popup in Waze.
- If your favorite is in an identified high crime area, you should receive a popup when you first add the favorite to Waze. You will not receive further communication if you try to navigate to that location afterwards.
- If your planned drive or calendar event in an identified high crime area, you should receive a popup when you first confirm the drive in Waze and during navigation afterwards.
- If you ignore your Waze route and drive through an identified high crime area, you should receive an alert.
Waze will avoid high risk areas by default. If you would like to disable this setting:
- Tap Search , then Settings
- Select Navigation.
- Disable the option to Avoid dangerous areas.
This feature is only available in Israel and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?