Best photo practices
Follow the guidelines below when adding places to the Waze map, and please know that each image submitted goes through a community approval process.
Guidelines for approving photos of places
- Photos should be clear. Blurry, dark, overexposed images will likely not be approved.
- Photos should show only the location associated with the listing. Not multiple places in one image (i.e. - same image submitted for all locations of a strip mall).
- The more information, the better! First priority is to show Wazers what a place looks like from the outside. Images such as interiors, food photos for a restaurant, class schedule for a gym, may be approved by the community if seen as adding positive value to a listing.
A photo might not be approved by your community if it contains:
- An image that is too blurry, dark or overexposed.
- Full readable license plates.
- Clear image of someone’s face.
- Ambiguous street or multiple buildings that don't point to a specific place.
- Image similar to one already approved.
- Inappropriate content.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?