Communicate with friends in Waze
Share your drive
Let your friends follow your drive in real time and know when you arrive at your destination.
- Before you start navigating, tap Share drive
- Choose how you want to share your drive:
- From Waze - use the search bar to find a phone contact and tap Share drive. Repeat this step to share with more contacts.
- From another app - tap one of the suggested apps or tap More options
You can also share your drive after you’ve started navigating:
- Tap the ETA bar at the bottom
- Tap Share drive
Once you share your drive, your route on the Waze map changes from purple to green.
How to know if your drive is being viewed
Your friends get a message with a link in the app that you chose to share your drive. When they tap it, and then tap View, you get a screen and audio notification in Waze.
TIP: If your friends can’t find your message with the link, make sure they check the app that you chose to share your drive (for example, Whatsapp, Messenger, or Waze).
How to view a drive that was shared with you
Open the shared drive link that you received and tap View drive. By tapping you allow Waze to:
- Send you push notifications about the drive
- Display your name and photo in the driver's app
If you close the shared drive, you can go back to it by tapping the shared drive icon in the top right of your screen. The icon appears until the drive ends or the driver stops sharing the drive.