Find friends/Providing your phone number
If you provide Waze with your phone number during sign up:
- Waze will compare this phone number with phone numbers which are stored in the Contact Books of other Waze users who have given Waze access [see steps below].
- for phone numbers that match, Waze will include your name, as provided during sign up, to that user as a “system suggested” friend.
- that user can then choose to send you a “friend request.”
- if you approve the friend request, you will appear in each other’s friends list you can then each choose to “share drives,” location and ETA with the other.
If you also provide Waze with access to your Contact Book:
- for phone numbers that match, Waze will periodically provide you with a list of “system suggested” friends [i.e. Wazers you may know].
- note that “system suggested” friends are a selected number of users that use Waze and have provided their phone number to Waze [see steps above] though these users may not necessarily have your number in their Contact Book (i.e. mutual inclusion in contact book is not a requirement).
- you may also manually select friends from your Contact Book.
- once you manually select a friend or want to connect with a “system suggested” friend you can ask Waze to send a “friend request” to these users.
- this “friend request” will include your name, as provided during sign up.
- potential friends may then choose to approve or to reject the friend request.
- if the request is approved, you will appear in each other’s friends list.
- you can then each choose to “share drives,” location and ETA with the other.
You can disable access to your Contact Book as follows:
- in Android:
- Settings -> accounts -> uncheck the sync contact flag under Waze account; or
- Settings -> accounts -> remove Waze account.
- in iOS:
- Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts and turn off access to the Contact book.
To troubleshoot issues logging into your account, please check out the Account section of the Help Center.