On your device's settings, tap Security & location > Location and in the following menu:
- Make sure "Use location" is toggled on.
- Go to App-level permissions and make sure Waze is toggled on.
- Tap Advanced > Google Location Accuracy and then toggle "Improve Location Accuracy" on.
- Lastly, tap Scanning and toggle Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning on.
Note: If you are using Android 8.1 and below, please make sure to tap Mode, and then pick High accuracy.
For more instructions about Android location management, please click here.
First, make sure Location Services for Waze (under Settings > Privacy) are turned to Always or While Using the App (read more here). If the issue persists:
- Open your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch off.
- Perform a hard reset on your iPhone. Read this article for instructions for your iPhone.
- Go back to phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services once again and toggle the switch on.