If Waze is unable to locate GPS and you see a message of No GPS - Showing approximate location at the top of your screen, follow these steps to check your GPS device:
On iOSOn Android
- Go to your phone Settings > Privacy.
- Toggle Location Services to On and make sure Waze is set to Always.
Reset the GPS by doing a hard reset:
- On iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 or 6S: Hold the lock and home buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- On iPhone 7/7+: Hold the lock and volume down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- On iPhone 8/8+/X: Press the volume up button, press the volume down button and then press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo.
- Go to your phone Settings > Location.
- Make sure the options are turned On.
- If you have an additional setting, Mode, touch it and choose High accuracy.
If the issue persists, try performing the following suggestions:
- Turn on Android's Use Wireless Networks feature (available on some devices under Settings > Security & Location). Both Use Wireless Networks and Use GPS Satellites should be checked.
- Reset the AGPS data in your device using GPS Status & Toolbox or similar app from Google Play store.