Supported versions and devices
- iOS: 14 and above
- Android: OS 6 and above
Data and cost
Waze is free of charge to download and use for everyone, but phone and carrier data rates continue to apply. Because Waze receives and delivers real-time road information related to your route, we strongly encourage having a mobile data plan with your mobile service provider in order to use Waze on the go.
Continuous usage could use a lot of data. The amount of data used by Waze may differ from one device to another. It depends on the route taken and its length, map(s) downloaded, time of the day, day of the week, number of reports and traffic, number of active drivers, among other factors. You can check your current data usage:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Internet.
- Next to your carrier, tap Settings .
- At the top you'll see how much total data you use.
- To see graphs and details, tap App data usage.
- To pick a time period, tap the Down arrow .
- To see how much data each app uses, look below the graph.
Waze can be used everywhere in the world where there are roads. However, the quality of our maps differs depending on the size of the user community at the location. You can check our map coverage at your destination prior to flying using our web-based Live Map.
Waze is available anywhere there is cellular/GPS reception. Since Waze uses data to function, be sure to ask your provider about data packages when traveling.