Waze is continuously looking out for better routes that might become available, even after you’ve chosen a route.
If there is a traffic report we think you should know about, you’ll see a route-change suggestion and you can decide if you want to approve it.
Reasons for a route change
Waze only suggests a new route for reasons that impact your ETA. This information comes from real-time reports, which is why the new route wasn’t suggested at the start of your drive. Some Examples are:
- Irregular traffic building up ahead
- Event closing multiple roads
- Weather impacting road conditions
- Accident on other side of the road
- Hazard, accidents, or closed lanes
Decline a new route suggestion
Suggestions help you get a clear view of all your options, so you can decide which route is best for you.