Linking Play Developer Console to Google Wallet Merchant Center
To create a Google Wallet Merchant Center account from the Developer Console:
- First, log into your Google Play Developer Console.
- Click on the Financial reports tab in the left navigation bar.
- From there, select Set up a merchant account now.
This will take you to the Google Wallet Merchant Center to sign up as a merchant. You'll need to have information about your business handy to complete this step. Also, please note that once you've set up a Google Wallet Merchant Center account, you'll need to take steps to ensure your apps are sold with the proper tax for your location.
Tips for Wallet Merchant Account Registration:
- The Google Wallet Merchant Center account which you need to link to your Google Play Developer Console account can only be linked once from within the Developer Console interface.
- Important: Once accounts are linked, they cannot be removed, changed, or updated. If you need to do this, please know that you will have to sign up for a new developer account by paying the fee of $25 USD.
- If you are not located in any of the supported locations for merchants and do not own the required bank account for receiving payments, Google may not be able to pay for the sales in that account by any other means.