Refund an order
You can issue refunds at any time after you have charged an order, all within the Wallet Merchant Center. Please note that you are responsible for setting your own policies for refunds. Buyers will contact you directly with inquiries regarding refunds.
How to refund
To issue a refund using the Merchant Center:
- Sign in to your Wallet Merchant account.
- Click Orders.
- Select the order you'd like to refund.
- Click the Refund button.
- Select the appropriate refund reason from the drop-down menu.
- Add comments if needed. These comments will appear in the buyer's account.
- Click Refund order to finish.
View refund details
After a refund is issued to a buyer, the refund will be documented in your account on both the Orders and Payouts sections. To view refunds in the Payouts section:
- Sign in to your Merchant account.
- Click on Payouts.
- Look for values under the "Debits" column.
- Click an order number to view details about the specific order.
Unable to process refunds
To ensure a safe purchasing environment and compliance with our Terms of Service, our specialists review Wallet Merchant accounts on a regular basis. During this time, you will be temporarily unable to process refunds through your account.
Keep in mind that this change in your normal refunding should be rare and that this process is normal. Also rest assured that you will be able to resume processing refunds through your account 24 hours after your refund attempt is first declined. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Things to remember
- Once you issue a refund, the refund cannot be cancelled.
- Google will send a refund notification email to the buyer.
- Google will return the fee to you.
- If you are temporarily unable to process refunds because your account is under review, you will need to wait 24 hours before you may refund any further orders.
- If you refund an order before Google has issued a payout for that order, you won't receive the amount you refunded to your buyer in your next payout. If you refund an order after you've received the payout for it, the amount your refund your buyer will be deducted from a future payout.
- If you issue a refund and your account balance becomes negative, and remains negative for at least 48 hours, Google will collect funds from you in accordance with our Terms of Service and debit the bank account that normally receives your payouts. The amount withdrawn from your bank account will equal your negative balance as of the day Google initiates the debit.