Send money using Android Messages
If you use Android Messages, you can send money to anyone using an SMS text message. This feature is free to use.
Note: This feature is only available in the US. Your Google Account information (name, profile photo, and email) will be visible to the recipient as part of this transaction.
Always double-check the phone number of the recipient is correct.
- Open Android Messages.
- Choose the contact you want to send money to.
- Tap Add .
- Scroll down and tap Send money.
- Choose the payment method you want to use to pay.
- First time: Enter your payment method information.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Tap Continue.
- Choose a theme.
- Tap Attach money.
- Send the message.
Claim money sent to you in messages
- Open the message with money attached.
- Tap the message.
- Tap Claim money.
- Enter your debit card information.
- Tap Transfer money.
Manage your Wallet
If you need help managing your Wallet, here are some popular articles.
- Add a payment method
- View transactions and statements
- Return money or cancel money you sent
- Fix errors or delays when sending money
If you have an issue you can’t fix yourself, contact the Google Wallet support team for help.