Recover or change your payments PIN
You'll use your Google Payments PIN to verify access to the Wallet app.c
If you forget your Google Payments PIN, and enter it incorrectly too many times, you'll be locked out of your Wallet and see an error message that says "Access locked".
To recover your PIN:
- Below the error message, tap Reset PIN.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter your new PIN.
Change PIN on the Wallet app
- Tap .
- Tap Settings > Security > Change Google Payments PIN.
- You'll be asked to enter your current PIN, and then enter and confirm your new PIN.
Change PIN on desktop
- Sign in to your Wallet account.
- Click .
- In the Security section, in Payments PIN, click Edit.
- Enter your current PIN, and then enter and confirm your new PIN.
- Click Update PIN.
- Use a unique Google Payments PIN.
- PINs can't be consecutive numbers or all the same number.
- Make your Payments PIN something you'll remember. Your Wallet will be locked if you enter it incorrectly too many times.
- If you set a PIN timeout, you'll need a network connection to unlock the Wallet app.