Send and receive money safely
All Google Wallet transactions are covered by Google Wallet Fraud Protection, even when you send money to a phone number or non-Gmail addresses. They're also closely watched 24/7 for fraudulent or unauthorized activity.
When you send money, you can take these steps to make sure the transaction is safe:
- Only send money to people you know.
- Make sure you have the right email address or phone number.
- Turn on PIN verification.
When someone sends you money through Wallet, you'll get an email or text message from Google with instructions on how to claim it.
If you're unsure an email or text message you received is legitimate:
- Contact the sender to confirm that they sent you the money.
- The first time you get money, touch Claim money and check that it goes to the Wallet app or wallet.google.com.
- If you're receiving money via text message, make sure the link starts with https://g.co/ and is from 466-65.
- After the first time, open the Wallet app or sign in to wallet.google.com to confirm your transaction.
If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Google, you can report it here.