Fix a negative Wallet Balance
A negative Wallet Balance is like having an overdrawn checking account. You won't be able to use Google Wallet for transactions until you've settled your Wallet Balance to cover the negative amount. If your Wallet Balance stays negative too long, we might send your case to our collections department for further action.
Your Wallet Balance may show up as negative if:
- Someone sent you money and then filed a chargeback with their bank.
- You tried to send money from a bank account that didn't have enough funds.
- A temporary credit in your Wallet for a dispute under investigation was rejected.
Add money to your Wallet Balance
To fix a negative balance, you’ll need to add money to your Wallet Balance.
- In the Google Wallet app, tap Menu .
- Tap or click Wallet Balance Settle Wallet Balance.
- Review the confirmation and tap or click Add money.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help settling your negative Wallet Balance.