Require a Google PIN or fingerprint to use Wallet
You can set up a Google PIN to make Wallet more secure. After you set up a PIN, you can set up fingerprint scan so you don’t have to enter a PIN every time you open the app.
Protect Wallet with the Google PIN
Setting up a Google PIN makes Wallet more secure by asking for a code when you open the app. The code you choose is linked to your Google Account and can be used with other products (like Google Play). Whenever you open the Wallet app, you’ll be asked to enter your PIN.
Because the PIN is a number only you should know, it helps make sure other people can’t get access to your Wallet account. You don’t have to use the PIN, but we recommend it to help keep your Wallet account secure.
What about the PIN I already set up?
If you’ve been using a PIN with Google Wallet, you’ll need to replace it with a new Google PIN. You’ll be asked to do this next time you sign in to Wallet.
Note: Your Google PIN is not the same PIN you may have set up for phone security.
Manage your Google PIN
Turn Wallet PIN requirement on or off
- Open the Wallet app or go to wallet.google.com.
- Tap or click .
- On your mobile device, click Settings Security turn Require PIN on or off.
- On your computer, click Settings turn Require PIN on or off.
Change or reset your PIN
Require a fingerprint to use Wallet
If your phone supports fingerprint scanning, you can set Wallet to ask for your fingerprint whenever you open the app.
- If you haven’t already done so:
- Create a Google PIN.
- Set up fingerprint ID on your device.
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap Menu Settings Security.
- Turn on Fingerprint.
- If you no longer want to use fingerprint ID, this is also how you can turn it off.