Send money or pay a request
You can use Google Wallet to send money to friends and family or send money to someone using just their email address or phone number. You can also pay requests for money sent by your contacts. There are no fees.
If you’re having problems completing a transaction, here is a list of likely reasons.
When you send money to someone using a debit card or your Wallet Balance, they’ll typically get it within minutes.
If they don’t already use Wallet and don't claim it within 14 days, the money will be returned to you.
To send money:
- Go to wallet.google.com.
- Click $0 and enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter your recipient's name, email address, or phone number.
- Confirm the amount and your payment method. You can also include a memo.
- Click Send.
- If you made a mistake or changed your mind, you have a few seconds to tap Cancel transfer.
Pay a money request
If you get a money request email or notification from Wallet, you can pay it by clicking on the link in the email or following these instructions.
- Visit wallet.google.com.
- From the top left, click .
- Click Transactions.
- Find the request and click Pay now.
- You can’t send more than $9,999 USD per single transaction or more than $50,000 USD per 5-day period.
- If you live in Florida, there's a limit of $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
Note: Google Wallet transactions are covered by Google Wallet Fraud Protection, even when you send money to a phone number or non-Gmail address. Transactions are also watched 24/7 for fraudulent or unauthorized activity.