Fees, transfer times, & limits
You can send money to anyone in the U.S. using an email address or phone number with the Wallet app. Sending and receiving money with Google Wallet is free.Transfers to your debit card typically complete within minutes but may take up to 24 hours for some banks.
There are no fees to use Google Wallet.
If you withdraw money using your Wallet Card, some providers might charge an ATM fee. This fee will come out of your Wallet Balance, along with the total amount you withdraw.
Transfer Wallet Balance to your bank account
- Limit of $10,000 USD per single transaction
- $50,000 USD limit per 5-day period.
Transfer Wallet Balance to a debit card
- Limit of $2,500 USD per transaction
- $10,000 USD limit per 30-day period
If you live in Florida:
- You can add money to your Wallet Balance or withdraw up to $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
- Debit card limits still apply.
Add money to your Wallet Balance
As of May 2, 2016 you can no longer add money to your Wallet Balance, but you can still send money directly from your debit card or bank account.
- There's a limit of $9,999 USD per single transaction.
- There’s a total limit of $50,000 USD per 5-day period.
- If you live in Florida, there's a limit of $3,000 USD every 24 hours.
If you’re receiving money for the first time, you can transfer it directly to your bank account without verifying your identity if:
- The amount is less than $300.
- You've sent less than $1,000 in the last 30 days.
- You’ve sent less than $10,000 total.
When you reach any of these limits, you can only receive money into your Wallet account. You'll have to verify your identity.
You can spend up to $5,000 of the money in your Wallet account every 24 hours. This limit includes cash withdrawals at ATMs or banks.
Note: Starting June 30, 2016, you will no longer be able to use your Wallet card. Learn more about how you can use Wallet.
You can transfer money from your Wallet Balance to your linked bank account or debit card any time (limits apply).
- Transfers to your debit card typically complete within minutes but may take up to 24 hours for some banks.
- All transfers to a bank account are usually completed within 3 business days.
Sending money to someone else with your Wallet account, debit, or linked bank account is typically within minutes.