Add a bank account
If you're in the US, you can associate one bank account to your Google Wallet. Use it to send money to friends and family, and transfer money to and from your Wallet Balance for free.
To link a bank account to your Wallet:
On the desktop site
- Sign in to your account at wallet.google.com.
- Click Payment methods on the left side of the page.
- Click the red Add a payment method button, and select Add a bank account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the routing and account numbers for your bank account. You can find this information on a check or by contacting your bank.
- Click Continue and you'll receive further instructions if any other information is required.
On the mobile app
- Go to Settings and tap Bank account.
- You'll be prompted to enter the routing and account number for your bank account. You can find this information on a check or by contacting your bank.
- Tap Next and you'll receive further instructions if any other information is required.
Once you've linked your bank account, we need to verify that it belongs to you. If your bank supports it, you'll see the option to choose instant verification. You'll need online access to your bank account for this option.
If your bank doesn't support instant verification, or if you choose test deposit, Google will make a small deposit to your bank account, which you should be able to see after 2-3 days. Confirm the deposit amount in your Google Wallet to verify your bank information.