Add a card
On the desktop site
- Sign in to your account at wallet.google.com.
- Click Payment methods on the left side of the page.
- Click on the red Add a credit or debit card button near the top of the page.
- Enter your card's details.
- Click Save.
To help identify your various cards, you can customize them with a nickname.
On the mobile app
You can only add cards with a US billing address on the Wallet app.
- Open the Wallet app.
- Go to the main menu and touch Cards & Accounts.
- Touch the + sign, and enter your card's information. If you see a camera icon in the "Card number" field, you can take a picture of your card's number instead of entering it manually.
- Touch Add credit or debit card.
To help you identify cards more easily, you can customize each one with a nickname and color.
You may see an option on your card-issuing bank's website to add a card to Google Wallet. To do so:
- Sign in to your account at your card-issuing bank’s website
- Click Add this card to Google Wallet
- Sign in to your Google Wallet account in the pop-up box.
- Your card-issuing bank may need access to your Google account to successfully add the card. You will be told what information your bank is requesting from your Google account. Please read the request carefully. If you choose not to grant your bank permission, your information will not be shared and your card will not be added.
- Your card will now be added to your Google Wallet account.
It's possible that your card issuer may decline the authorization we perform before adding your card. To ensure the privacy and security of your personal information, banks don't disclose details of credit card declines to third parties (like Google Wallet), so check with your bank for more details.
Still have questions?Call us