How to tap and pay
To pay once all your items are scanned:
- Wake up your device. No need to open the app.
- Hold the back of your device against the contactless payment terminal.
- If you're asked for a PIN on the terminal or your device, use your Wallet PIN.
- The terminal might flash or beep to show your payment was made.
Cash withdrawals, such as cashback transactions, are not available with tap and pay.
You'll need a data connection once a day to tap and pay, and every time you need to enter your PIN or want to change/add payment sources.
Tap and pay with your Wallet Balance
If you have a Wallet Balance, you can use it to pay for your purchase:
- Go to the main My Wallet screen.
- Touch Change tap and pay settings.
- Make sure the "Use Wallet Balance first when available" box is checked.
When your Wallet Balance is not enough to cover the total amount of your purchase, the difference will be covered using your default payment method.