If you have an Android phone, you may find the Google Wallet app in your device’s list of apps. Google Wallet is already installed on some Android phones in countries or regions where the app is available.
What’s Google Wallet?
Learn more about Google Wallet.
Uninstall or disable Google Wallet
Important: If you uninstall or delete the app icon for Google Wallet, you should deactivate contactless payments for any debit or credit cards in Wallet.
If you installed the Google Wallet app on your device, you can uninstall it. Sometimes, if Google Wallet is preinstalled on your device, you can’t uninstall it but you can delete the app icon.
To deactivate contactless payments for a card:
- Open the Google Wallet app .
- Tap the first debit or credit card.
- At the top right, tap More Deactivate contactless.
- Tap Back .
- Repeat the steps for any remaining cards.
To uninstall or disable Google Wallet:
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Tap Apps Google Wallet.
- If you can’t find “Google Wallet,” tap See all apps. Swipe until you find Google Wallet.
- Tap Uninstall or Disable.
Tip: The above steps may change based on your device and Android version. If the steps don’t work, go to your device manufacturer help center.
Still need help?
If you still have issues or any questions, you can ask the community or contact us.