Tips for taking VR footage
You can improve the quality of detail, focus, and contrast in your VR images.
Make the images brighter
You can adjust your camera settings to get the most out of light in your location.
- On your phone or tablet, open the VR180 app .
- If you haven't done so, connect your phone to your VR camera.
- At the bottom right, tap Camera remote control .
- From here, you can adjust:
- Light sensitivity: At the top, tap ISO options . Move the slider to change the camera’s sensitivity.
- Environmental lighting: At the top, tap Auto-white balance options . Then, choose a setting, like Cloudy, Daylight, or Fluorescent.
Improve focus and clarity
You can sharpen the content of your pictures and videos and make them easier to see.
- Move your camera slowly. Sudden or rapid movements may give viewers motion sickness.
- Keep the camera steady. Hold it with both hands to keep it still. Try not to take pictures with an upward or downward angle.
- Capture images at eye-level. When you take a picture of a live subject, take it from nearby.
- Center pictures around your subject. To draw attention to your subject, always keep them in the middle of your shot.
- Keep a slight distance. If you're too close, it may distort your image. Try to stay a few feet away from your subject.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?