suddenly it says Plug in not installed??! i have been using it for months!
Mobile carrier (ex. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T etc.):Device type (computer, iPhone, Android mobile phone, land-line phone etc.):Operating system (Chrome OS, Windows, Apple/iOS, etc):Date/Time stamp of issue (including time zone):Describe your issue, include any recent actions completed (restarted device, changed settings, etc.):
- Completely uninstall the old version of the plugin,
- Download and successfully install the latest new version,
- In Gmail, convert from using Google Chat to using Google Hangouts, and
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, tell your web browser to "always activate" or "enable" the plugin.
- If you are using MS Windows version 8.x, then you must run a web browser in classic "Desktop" mode, not in the new Windows full-screen "Start Page" (aka "Metro") mode, because Start Page mode does not support the use of plugins.
Next, click the telephone handset icon to enter a phone number to call:
Google Chrome Browser (or Chrome OS) users can also download and use the Chrome Hangouts web browser extension, which provides a browser bar icon and system tray icon to use Hangouts.
Google Chrome Browser (or Chrome OS) users can also use the Hangouts web app:
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.