If you have trouble with calls or with accessing Google Voice, try these steps for fixing your particular issue.
Can't sign up because your account isn't ready
During sign-up, if you see the message, 'Your account isn't ready for Google Voice yet', please contact your Voice administrator. Before you can use Voice, your administrator needs to assign you a Voice licence and set up your account.
Can't access Google Voice
If you're using a Google Workspace account managed by your work or school:
- Verify that your administrator has turned on Voice for your account and has assigned you a Voice licence.
- Check your Internet connection and verify that you can access other Google Workspace services.
- Make sure that you're using a supported browser:
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Microsoft Edge
Can't make a phone call
- Make sure that the phone number is properly formatted.
- If you copied and pasted the phone number, try typing in the number that you want to call.
- If you're making an international call, enter the correct country code. Make sure that you didn’t enter the country code twice.
- If you're not using a Google Voice for Google Workspace account, check that you have enough calling credit. Learn how to buy credit.
For Voice for Google Workspace accounts, calls are billed centrally to your organisation.
- Voice calls might not be available in the country/region that you're visiting.
Countries/regions where calling from Voice is not available
- India (users can make calls to all countries but not to domestic locations within India).
- North Korea
- If you're using a work or school account and hear the message 'Could not complete your call', please contact your Voice administrator. This message may mean that you no longer have a Voice licence and that your administrator needs to assign you a licence.
Can't receive a phone call
On your computer
- Make sure that voice.google.com is open in your browser.
- Make sure that your computer is set up to answer incoming calls.
- Reload your browser.
On your mobile device
Make sure that your mobile device is set up to answer incoming calls.
Can't hear ringing for incoming calls
If you don't use Voice regularly while it's open, you might not hear ringing for incoming calls. To solve this issue, interact with Voice. Click through the Voice interface for 10 seconds. To learn more, read our auto-play policy changes.
If you still have problems
Visit the Google Voice Help Community to get help from other people who use Voice.