Transfer your Google Voice account to another Google Account
You can transfer your Google Voice account and number to use with another Google Account. For example, you can transfer the number if you get a new Gmail address.
Note: Google Voice is only available in the U.S.
What you need to know first
- This process will only transfer your Google Voice number to your new account, but will not move over any other account data, such as settings, voicemail, call history, text messages, and forwarding phones.
- Set up a forwarding phone because it won't be transferred from your previous account.
What you can't transfer
- Your account data, which includes your settings, voicemail, call history, text messages, and forwarding phones. If you want to export all of your account data, you can use Google Takeout.
- A second Google Voice number into a Google Account that already has a Google Voice number.
- Your Google Voice account where you enabled Google Voice on your Sprint phone.
- Your Google Voice number that is currently being ported into Google Fi.
If you're using a work, school, or other account that does NOT end in @gmail.com: Your domain's administrator might not support Google Voice, which means you won't be able to access your Google Voice number if you transfer it. If you've already tried to transfer and can't access your number, create a post on the help forum using the Google Account that originally had your Google Voice number. In your post, include only the last 4 digits of your Google Voice number.
Transfer your Google Voice account
- On your computer, open Google Voice.
- Open Settings > Settings.
- Click the "Phones" tab.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Transfer.
- Choose the Google account to which you'd like transfer the number.
- Click Proceed. This will begin the transfer process.
- Verify an existing U.S. phone number. Have this forwarding phone available so that you can respond to a verification call.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.