Transfer your Google Voice account to another Google Account
You can transfer your Google Voice account and number to use with another Google Account. For example, you can transfer the number when if you get a new Gmail address. Remember, Google Voice is only available in the U.S.
What you need to know first
- Transfer only your Google Voice number.
- Set up a forwarding phone because it won't be transferred from your previous account.
What you can't transfer
- Your account data, which includes your settings, voicemail, call history, text messages, and forwarding phones. If you want to export all of your account data, you can use Google Takeout.
- Your Google Voice number to another Google Account that already has a Google Voice number.
Transfer your Google Voice account
- Go to Google Voice.
- Click settings .
- Click the "Phones" tab.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Transfer.
- Choose the Google account to which you'd like transfer the number.
- Click Proceed. This will begin the transfer process.
- Verify an existing U.S. phone number. Have this forwarding phone available so that you can respond to a verification call.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.