Make calls with Google Voice
To make a call from the Google Voice page
- Go to Google Voice.
- On the top left of the page, click Call.
- In the box under "Number to call," type a contact’s name or phone number.
- In the box under "Phone to call with," click the dropdown to choose which type of phone you want to use for the call. If you want to Google Voice to remember your choice for the future, click the checkbox next to "Remember my choice."
- Click Connect. Google Voice will call you at that phone and connect you to the number you dialed.
How to use your own Google number to make a call
If you’d like to make a call from a different phone number but want to make your Google Voice number show up on the caller ID, you can use own Google number to place the call.
- Call your own Google number.
- When you hear your voicemail message, press the * key.
- Enter your Google Voice PIN.
- Press 2.
- Enter the number you want to call.
- Press the pound # key.
You can also make calls from Google Contacts
- Click Google Contacts on the left side of the Google Voice window.
- Click on any contact whose phone number you have saved in Google Contacts.
- Hover over their phone number.
- Click the phone icon next to their number. Remember, if your contact has an international phone number you need to add a "+" and the country code. For example: +33 123456789.
Caroline is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.