Make calls with Google Voice
Make a call from the Google Voice page
- Open Google Voice.
- At the top left, click Call.
- In the box under "Number to call," type a contact’s name or phone number.
- In the box under "Phone to call with," click the dropdown to choose which type of phone you want to use for the call. If you want to Google Voice to remember your choice for the future, click the checkbox next to "Remember my choice."
- Click Connect. Google Voice will call you at that phone and connect you to the number you dialed.
Note: If you have 2 or more phone numbers on your Google Account, you'll only be able to make a call from your primary number.
Use your Google number to make a call from another phone
If you’d like to make a call from a different phone number but want to make your Google Voice number show up on the caller ID, you can use own Google number to place the call.
- Call your own Google number.
- When you hear your voicemail message, press the * key.
- Enter your Google Voice PIN.
- Press 2.
- Enter the number you want to call.
- Press the pound # key.
Make calls from Google Contacts
- Click Google Contacts on the left side of the Google Voice window.
- Click on any contact whose phone number you have saved in Google Contacts.
- Hover over their phone number.
- Click the phone icon next to their number. Remember, if your contact has an international phone number you need to add a "+" and the country code. For example: +33 123456789.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.