About Google Contacts in Voice
Google Voice uses Google Contacts instead of Google Voice Contacts. The new layout is slightly different but, keeping track of your contacts is still a breeze. Here’s what’s different:
- Accessing the Call and SMS buttons. To access the “call” and “sms” options:
- Select a contact.
- Hover over the phone number field on their contact card.
- Select either the phone icon or the SMS icon.
- Accessing the Edit custom Google Voice settings. To access custom Google Voice settings for a particular contact:
- Sign in to your Google Voice account.
- Search for your contact’s name in the search field at the top of the window, and when it appears, click the contact’s name.
- On the contact card that appears, select edit settings. From there you can edit your contact’s Google Voice specific settings.
Caroline is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.