Delete your Google Voice Number
Once you delete your Google Voice number, you can't make or receive calls on your Google number.
After you delete your Google Voice number, you'll have 90 days to reclaim it. If you decide you want the number back within 90 days, you can go to the "Phones" tab of your Google Voice settings and click Get a Voice Number. Then type in your number.
After the 90-day period, other Google Voice users can sign up for that number.
Delete Your Google Number
- Sign in to your Google Voice account.
- Click the gear icon , and select Settings.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Delete.
- Follow the steps to delete your Google number.
After you delete your number, you also need to remove Google Voicemail from your forwarding phones.
Things to keep in mind about deleting your Google number
- Deleting your Google Voice number won't delete your Google Voice inbox. You can still access it by signing in to your Google Voice account.
- Instead of deleting your Google Voice number, you can also transfer it to another Google Account or transfer it out of Google Voice so that you can use it with a different carrier.
Caroline is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.