Change your Google Voice notifications
Get notified about your text messages, calls, or voicemail.
Change notification settings for the Google Voice app
By default, you'll be notified when there's a new text message or voicemail transcript in the Google Voice app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Google Voice Notifications.
- Choose the notification settings you want.
Get notifications by text message
Text messages, missed calls, and voicemail transcripts can be forwarded to your phone. The notifications will show up in your usual texting app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Voice app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Turn on any forwarding you want:
- Messages: Under "Messages," tap Forward messages to linked numbers. Next to your linked number, check the box.
- Calls: Under "Calls," tap Forward calls to linked numbers. Next to your linked number, check the box.
- Voicemail: Under "Voicemail," tap Get voicemail via messages. Next to your linked number, check the box.
Fix problems getting notifications
If you're not getting notified about new texts, calls, or voicemail, you might need to update your settings.
- On your computer, open Google Voice.
- At the top left, click Menu Legacy Google Voice. Google Voice will look different, but you're in the right place.
- At the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the "Calls" tab.
- Uncheck the box next to "Do Not Disturb."
If Do Not Disturb was already off, or you tried these steps and still aren't getting notifications, get more help in the Google Voice Help Forum.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.