Your Google Voice inbox contains a list of the voicemail messages you’ve received. Transcripts of your voicemail are also emailed to you.
View your voicemail
To access your voicemail messages, launch Google Voice for Android:
- Open your Inbox.
- Touch Menu > Labels > Voicemail.
Touch any of the messages to view a text transcription. You may notice that some of the words are shaded differently. The darker the shade, the more confident we are in the accuracy of the transcription.
Listen to your voicemail
To listen to the message:
- Touch the Play icon . As the message plays, you'll see karaoke-style highlighting that follows along on the transcription, and you can tap on any part of the transcript to play it again.
- Touch Menu again to switch to speaker , star the message, add the person to your Contacts list, call them back, or send a reply by text message.
You can also pause and resume play, and you can drag the progress indicator back and forth to listen to different parts of the message.
Delete a message
- Open the message as you would to read or listen to it.
- Touch Menu > More > Delete.
You can view your deleted messages by viewing messages with the Trash label. Messages that have been in the trash more than 30 days are automatically deleted.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.