Delete your Google Voice number
If you want to stop using Google Voice, you can delete your number.
Or, instead of deleting your Google Voice number, you can transfer your number out of Google Voice.
Before you delete
What you can’t delete:
- If you're using your Google Voice number with Sprint or you paid to transfer it, you can't delete it.
- Deleting your Google Voice number won't delete the messages in your inbox.
What happens to your number:
- After deleting your Google Voice number, you have 90 days to get your Google Voice number back. At the top left, click Menu Legacy Google Voice. On the left, click Get your old number back. Add a linked number.
- After 90 days, the number might be assigned to someone else.
Delete your number
- On your computer, open Google Voice.
- At the top left, click Menu Settings.
- For each linked number, turn off Google voicemail:
- On the left, click "Voicemail."
- Next to your linked number, uncheck the box next to "Get voicemail via message."
- On the left, click "Phone numbers."
- Under your Google Voice number, click Delete. Google Voice will look different, but you're in the right place.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Delete.
- To confirm, click Proceed. Your Google Voice number will be deleted.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.