Delete your Voice number
This feature is not available for Voice for G Suite accounts managed by your work or school. Learn more
If you want to stop using Google Voice, you can delete your number.
Or, instead of deleting your Voice number, you can transfer your number out of Google Voice.
Before you delete
What you can’t delete:
- If you're using your Voice number with Sprint or you paid to transfer it, you can't delete it.
- Deleting your Voice number won't delete the messages in your inbox.
What happens to your number:
- After deleting your Voice number, you have 90 days to get your Voice number back. At the top left, click Menu Legacy Google Voice. On the left, click Get your old number back. Add a linked number.
- After 90 days, the number might be assigned to someone else.
Delete your number
- On your computer, go to voice.google.com.
- At the top left, click Menu Settings.
- For each linked number, turn off Google voicemail:
- On the left, click Voicemail.
- Next to your linked number, uncheck the box next to Get voicemail via message.
- On the left, click Account.
- Under your Google Voice number, click Delete. Google Voice will look different, but you're in the right place.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Delete.
- To confirm, click Proceed. Your Google Voice number will be deleted.