Vault administrators who don't have Vault licenses may be unable to sign in to https://vault.google.com. As a workaround, have your Google Workspace administrator temporarily turn off and then turn on access to Vault:
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle Workspace.
- Click Google Vault.
- If the status is ON for everyone, go on to the next step.
If the status is ON for some:
- Point to Google Vault and click View details.
- Record which groups and organizational units have the service status of ON.
- Click Close .
- Click Google VaultService status.
- Select OFF for everyone.
Note: This setting controls only who can access Vault. Changing the status to OFF has no effect on holds or retention. Data is preserved as long as users have licenses that support Vault.
- Click Save.
- Turn the service back on for the groups and organizational units as it was set before. For details, see Control who can sign in to Vault.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more