Billing for Google Apps Vault
Google Vault is available in two ways:
- Google Apps Unlimited: This is the premium offering of Google Apps. In addition to everything available in Google Apps for Work, it includes unlimited storage and Google Vault for everyone in your organization, plus additional Drive administration, audit, and reporting features. Learn more about Google Apps Unlimited.
Note: Google Apps Vault is added automatically to Google Apps for Education accounts and available in the Admin console. If you have Hangouts enabled, you will be prompted to accept a Vault-Hangouts amendment upon Admin console login. See Important information for Google Apps for Education customers for details about using Vault and Hangouts in your domain.If you use partial-domain licensing and upgrade to Google Apps Unlimited, Vault is automatically available to everyone in your organization, and all users will be subject to your current data retention and deletion policies. See About upgrading to Google Apps Unlimited to ensure you don't accidentally lose data.
- Add-on to Google Apps: This costs an additional $5 per month for each Vault user on a prorated basis. Please note:
After 30 days of nonpayment, Vault licenses are terminated. As a result, retention rules won't be enforced and affected data will be lost, with no recovery options. Please work with your Google Apps administrator to ensure that user licenses stay active.
- Each user whose data you want to search, hold, export, or preserve in Vault must have a Vault license. Your Google Apps administrator can assign Vault licenses automatically to every user in your domain, or to specific users in your domain. Learn more about licensing.
- If your Google Apps administrator deletes a user, all data associated with the user's account is deleted, including the user's Vault archive. If you might still need the user's data, Google recommends suspending the user instead of deleting them. Your organization is billed the same amount for a suspended user as for an active user.
- Missed payments, invalid credit cards, or similar billing issues can cause your users to lose their Vault licenses.