Export search results
Once you've identified the messages or files that are pertinent to your matter, you can export them for further analysis.
To export search results:
- From your list of search results, click Export results.
- Type a name for the export.
- Click Begin Export.
The Export page displays the status of your export. You can continue working within Vault while the export is in progress. When your export is complete, you'll see a green checkmark next to name of your export.
Working with large exports
Large exports can take several hours to process. If an extremely large export hasn’t completed after 24 hours, Vault stops the export and delivers partial results. You can then restart the export where it left off.
Exports with partial results
After an export has run for 24 hours, Vault stops the process and notes that the Export contains partial results. You can download the messages and files Vault was able to retrieve up to that point, along with a CSV file that lists the accounts that have not yet been exported.
Click Continue export to resume processing the export. Give the export a new name, and Vault will gather additional messages and files for another 24 hours. You can continue an export as many times as necessary to retrieve all of the messages and files that matched your query.
- If possible, identify the accounts you need to export and perform several searches, each on a small number of accounts.
- Perform several searches using date ranges. For example, search for messages sent in 2013, then do a another search for messages sent in 2014.
To download your exported search results:
- After the export completes, click View completed files under the name of your export. If your export is complete and you don't see this link, refresh the page.
- Click Download next to a file to download it.
To start analyzing the files exported from Vault, see how Vault exports work.