Export search results
Once you've identified the messages or files that are pertinent to your matter, you can export them for further analysis.
To export search results:
- From your list of search results, click Export results.
- Type a name for the export.
- Click Begin Export.
The Export page displays the status of your export. You can continue working within Vault while the export is in progress. When your export is complete, you'll see a green checkmark next to name of your export.
- If possible, identify the accounts you need to export and perform several searches, each on a small number of accounts.
- Perform several searches using date ranges. For example, search for messages sent in 2013, then do a another search for messages sent in 2014.
To download your exported search results:
- After the export completes, click View completed files under the name of your export. If your export is complete and you don't see this link, refresh the page.
- Click Download next to a file to download it.
To start analyzing the files exported from Vault, see how Vault exports work.