Preview search results
When you search for messages or files in Google Vault, your results appear in a list on the Search page. The list shows the following for each message or document: The Subject of the search result, the Owner of the result, and the Date it was created.
Previewing email or chat messages
When you open an email or chat message, the thread's entire conversation is displayed. For very long threads, only the most recent 100 messages are included in the preview. You can't preview earlier messages from the thread. However, all messages that match your search criteria are included when you export.
Note: Vault exports only the messages that match your search terms. Go back and modify your search terms if you need to export additional messages from the thread.
To view basic header information for a message, click show details. Basic message details:
- System labels—Shows the status of the message in the user's account:
- User labels—Shows any labels applied to the message by the user.
- To view a message in its entirety, including all header information, click original.
- To print an individual message, click print.
- To print all messages in a conversation, click Print all.
- For messages with attachments, you can Download the attached files. For some file types (such as .docx, .ppt, and .pdf) you can View the attachment without downloading it.
Previewing a Drive result
After you search for files, your results appear on the Search page and include the title, owner, and last modified date of each document.
This table shows how Vault handles different file types.
Content (text-based file types only)
|Most common file types||Yes|