Search mail data
From any screen in the Google Apps Vault interface, click the word Vault in the upper left to display Retention, Matters, and Reports in the left pane. These are the items that appear when you first sign in to Vault.
After you create a matter, you can search your domain's Gmail data for information related to the matter.
To search for data within a matter:
- Click a matter name to open it.
- Click Search in the left pane. You'll see the fields you can search:
- Next to Source, select one of the following:
- All data: Search all data in your organization's Google Apps account.
- Held data: Search all data on litigation hold for the matter.
- Unprocessed data: Search the metadata of attachments that were not indexed.
- Optionally, in Accounts, specify one or more user accounts (up to 500 email addresses).
- Optionally specify a Sent date range.
- Optionally, in Terms, specify one or more search terms. Use search operators for complex searches.
Note: Vault can only process date range and/or term searches for 110,000 accounts. If you have more than 110,000 accounts in your domain, limit the number of accounts to be searched by using the Accounts field.
- Click Search.