Logging - iPlanet
This article provides a brief overview of how to configure logging for an iPlanet webserver to facilitate proper processing and reporting for Urchin.
Use "Netscape" type for Log Source setting.
There is a set of minimally required fields necessary for Urchin to produce reports. They are:
- hostname or ip address of requesting system
- request (i.e. what document did the requesting system ask from your webserver)
- status code generated by request (numeric)
- bytes (bytes transferred from server to client)
- cookies (if the Urchin Traffic Monitor is installed on your site)
Init fn=flex-init access="$accesslog" format.access="%Ses->client.ip% - %Req->vars.auth-user% [%SYSDATE%] \"%Req->reqpb.clf-request%\" %Req->srvhdrs.clf-status% %Req->srvhdrs.content-length% \"%Req->headers.user-agent%\" \"%Req->headers.referer%\" \"%Req->headers.cookie%\""