Urchin's Date Range function allows you to view report data by any timeframe desired, from 1 day to the entire period of time for which data exists, or any part thereof. The Date Range feature makes it easy to specify either a standard timeframe (such as a week, month, or year), or any custom timeframe.
Using the Date Range Function
- Standard Date Range: To view data by a standard timeframe such as a day, week,
month, or year, just click the desired
period in the Date Range navigation area, and the report's data will change
accordingly. The Date Range Calendar is clickable in
many ways to accomplish this:
- Year: click the year to display data for the entire calendar year.
- Month: click the name of the month.
- Week: click the arrow to the left of the calendar for the week you are interested in.
- Date: click the date you are interested in.
- Day: to only show data for every instance of a particular day of the week in the currently selected Date Range, click the day name.
- Custom: click the Enter Range button, which brings up the Urchin Calendar. Select the starting date in the calendar at left, and the ending date at the calendar at right. Click Apply Date Range, and the report will change to show data for the timeframe selected.
After selecting a custom Date Range, all reports you examine that are compatible with the selected timeframe will display data for that period until either the browser is closed or a different Date Range is specified.
- If you are examining a low-traffic site, try looking at a longer timeframe to get more meaningful data.
- If you are interested in traffic trends over the life of your site (and the data exists), try analyzing a year or more worth of data -- Urchin will adjust the size of bar graph elements to accommodate the selection.
Urchin 5.6 feature: You can also see the data displayed hourly, daily, or monthly over your selected date range. Select hourly, daily, or monthly from the Date View pulldown, as shown in the image below.