This section only applies to upgrading an existing installation of Urchin 4.0 (i.e. versions 4.002 through 4.006) to Urchin 4.1 or any version higher than 4.1. The installation instructions are different between Windows and UNIX platforms. Please follow the instructions for your platform below.
The distribution layout and installer have changed somewhat starting with Urchin 4.100. To migrate properly from 4.00x installations to 4.1xx, you will have to save some of your existing configuration and data files. Before beginning, it is recommended that you make a complete backup of your existing Urchin installation. Then do the following:
- Disable your currently running Urchin Services by going to Start Menu->Programs->Urchin->Disable Services
- Navigate to your Urchin installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Urchin) and rename the data folder to data-saved
- (optional) If you are not using the default port (9999), copy etc\httpd.conf to var\urchinwebd.conf
- Launch the urchin4100_win_setup.exe installer. The installer should detect your previous installation and determine the configuration parameters. Just follow the instructions in the dialog windows of the installer.
- Go to Start Menu->Programs->Urchin->Disable Services to deactivate your currently running Urchin 4.1 services.
- In the Urchin installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Urchin), rename the new data folder to data-notused, and rename the data-saved folder from step 2 back to data
- Launch the Urchin services by going to Start->Programs->Urchin- >Enable Services
Before proceeding with the upgrade, it is recommended that you make a full backup of your existing Urchin installation. You'll need to know the location of your Urchin 4 installation. The default location is /usr/local/urchin4. Do the following:
- Run the ./urchin41xx_xxxxx.sh installer script to expand the installation binaries.
- Run the ./install.sh installer script that was created in the previous step. This will walk you through all of the steps necessary to perform an upgrade.